These are the organizations we partner directly with to bring diapers and other high need supplies to families in crisis. With due diligence, we sought out partnerships with these charities because of their track record and commitment to helping homeless and low income mothers. All of us at HAMO have personally donated supplies to these charities. We encourage you to do your own research with any charity you decide to support.
Would you like to host a diaper drive for one of our partners? We can help you get started. Contact us: info (at) helpamotherout (dotorg).
ALAMEDA AND CONTRA COSTA COUNTIES
- Brighter Beginnings (Tax ID: 94-2949749): Supports healthy births and children’s successful development by partnering with parents, strengthening families, and helping to build strong communities (offices in OAKLAND, ANTIOCH, RICHMOND). Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
- Women’s Daytime Drop-in Center (WDDC) (Tax ID: 94-312398): Provides emergency and crisis response to a program of on-going support services. WDDC serves an average of 150 women and children each month in a nurturing, home like environment. Clients include BERKELEY and surrounding area residents. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
LOS ANGELES COUNTY
- LA Diaper Drive (Tax ID # 56-2517353): Dedicated to collecting and distributing diapers to low-income families in need. Provides diapers to parenting program attendees at Brownsen House in Boyle Heights and Friends of the Family’s Young Moms/Young Dads program in Van Nuys. Also makes one time donations to homeless mothers through organizations such as Los Angeles Homeless Shelter Authority and Project Safe. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist
- St. John’s Shelter (Tax ID#: 68-0132934): Supports homeless women with children to advance from a point of crisis to a position of self-sufficiency. This is the ONLY shelter program in Sacramento County focused exclusively on women with children Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY
- Homeless Prenatal Program (HPP) (Tax ID 94-3146280): Seizing the motivating opportunity created by pregnancy and parenthood, HPP joins with families to help them recognize their strengths and trust in their capacity to transform their lives to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
SANTA CLARA COUNTY
- Asian Women’s Home (Tax ID: 94-2292491): One of only a handful of Asian domestic violence shelters in the country. By providing direct services and cooperating with other service providers to develop creative solutions, AACI’s Domestic Violence Program bridges service gaps and creates a support network for battered women and their children. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
- Family Supportive Housing, Inc. (Tax ID #77-0106237): The only shelter in Santa Clara County that exclusively services families – intact families and single parents with children. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
- Sacred Heart Community Service (TAX ID 23-7179787): Mission is to change lives and impact poverty by providing essential services, offering tools for self-sufficiency, and ministering with dignity, compassion and respect. We engage the community and inspire volunteers to love, serve and share. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- Rachel’s Women’s Center (Tax ID 23-7334012): Strives to be an exemplary leader in recognizing the intrinsic value of each woman by assisting women with few or no resources to achieve an improved quality of life, to become healthy, fulfilled and contributing members of the community. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.
- Food Resource Center (Tax ID 23-7334012) Coming Soon
SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY
- Friends of Prado Day Center (Tax ID 77-0540323): The only day center serving the homeless population in the region. Every day, between 90 to 120 people seek refuge and assistance at the Center and over 30 percent of the Center’s participants are now women and children. Point, Click, Help via Amazon.com wishlist.